Both the NMCA and the PDRA have announced important changes to their upcoming major event schedules….
NMCA Reschedules 9th Chevrolet Performance Shootout
The NMCA Flowmaster Muscle Car Nationals Series is pleased to announce the new date and location for the rescheduled 9th Annual Chevrolet Performance Shootout (formerly the LSX Shootout).
This exciting event will now take place at the NMCA World Street Finals at Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio during the weekend of August 27-30, 2015. Originally scheduled for the 2015 NMCA event in Indianapolis, the shootout was cancelled and rescheduled due to Tropical Storm Bill. The 9th Annual Chevrolet Performance Shootout is the largest LS and modern LT drag race of the year!
With the advent of GM’s all-new LT engine platform, the LSX Shootout was rebranded the “Chevrolet Performance Shootout,” which continues to be the largest all LS and modern LT drag race event of the year. Summit Motorsports Park, fondly referred to as America’s Racetrack, is one of the finest facilities in the country with the best hookin’ quarter-mile that’ssure to set records courtesy of TJ “El Prepe” Bailey and Kurt “Stupid Sticky” Johnson!
Special features of the 9th Annual Chevrolet Performance Shootout include:
• Increased Payouts in All Chevrolet Performance Shootout Classes including Gear Vendors True Street
• Manufacturer Contingencies in JE Pistons Drag Radial, Chevrolet Performance Stock Presented by Scoggin-Dickey, Holley EFI Real Street, LME Street King, and Proform Rumble
• LSX Bowtie Engine Blocks (each valued at $2,800) to All Chevrolet Performance Shootout Class Winners!
• Exclusive LS & Modern LT Gear Vendors True Street Class with Free Entry into True Street ($100 Value) for all Street King and Rumble Competitors Meeting True Street Rules
• Special Chevrolet Performance Shootout Racer Appreciation Party with Free Food, Beer, Drinks and Raffle with Over $15,000 is Performance Part Giveaways!
• Special Hotel Room Rate & Program at the Beautiful Sawmill Creek Resort – 5-Star Resort on Lake Erie Shores, Close to Racetrack and Water Park, Dave Fazio Designed Golf Course, Jet Ski Rentals and Much More…Vacation at the Race!
For more information about the NMCA World Street Finals at Summit Motorsports Park, please visit www.NMCAdigital.com/OH.
For more information about the 9th Annual Chevrolet Performance Shootout, go to www.NMCAdigital.com/cp-shootout-event
Posted by: Camee Edelbrock
Dragstock XII Will Return to Rockingham Dragway
PDRA Dragstock XII, originally on schedule to be run at GALOT Motorsports Park, will now return to Rockingham Dragway, September 11-13. GALOT Motorsports Park’s expected completion date for the track overhaul has been pushed back to 2016, and as a result the track was forced to cancel all races on schedule for this year. PDRA Race Director, Bob Harris, reached out to Rockingham Dragway, the home of Dragstock in recent years, quickly securing the facility for the PDRA’s marquee event.
“We are disappointed that we will not run at GALOT this year,” told Harris, “but we understand that they are creating a world class facility and want it to be right before opening. We appreciate GALOT giving us enough notice to find a different facility in time and also appreciate Steve Earwood for partnering with the PDRA for a second event this season. We enjoy running at Rockingham and love the history that the Dragstock event has had at that track. We look forward to a great event there.”
Harris went on to say that GALOT Motorsports Park would have a place on the PDRA’s 2016 schedule. “We wish GALOT the best as they continue to remodel the facility and look forward to seeing the place in action 2016. We will certainly welcome them on our schedule.”
Dragstock has a storied history, much of which has been run at Rockingham Dragway. This year’s Dragstock is sure to bring more exciting action and historic moments.
For more on the world’s premier eighth mile drag racing organization visit www.pdra660.com.
Posted by: Lisa Collier
Photos by: Bruce Biegler