Newly Released Free “Mopar Drag N Brag” Game
Brings Drag Racing to Fans’ Fingertips……
- Mopar launches ‘Drag N Brag’ mobile game application created by Minicades Mobile and compatible with Apple iOS mobile devices
- ‘Mopar Drag N Brag’ game is now available as a free download via Mopar.com/DragNBrag and in iTunes App Store
- Game features include Mopar paint schemes of NHRA drivers Johnson, Coughlin and Hagan
- Fans can play in person at upcoming Mopar Block Party and Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals near Denver on July 18-21
Auburn Hills, Mich. (Tuesday, July 16) - Mopar fans and video game aficionados can now enjoy the fun of drag racing at their fingertips as the brand’s collaboration with Minicades Mobile has launched “Mopar Drag N Brag”, a free game application for mobile devices that is available via Mopar.com/DragNBrag and through the iTunes App Store.
Fans and gamers are invited to virtually strap in and hit a drag strip themselves aboard a Mopar hot rod to experience the thrill of burnouts, test their reaction time and burn some virtual rubber. They then encouraged to share their results and brag about their times via social media channels Facebook and Twitter in order to challenge and compete against others.
The game gives players the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a Mopar-powered Dodge like those of professional NHRA world champion drag racers Allen Johnson, Jeg Coughlin Jr. and Matt Hagan, and includes the track venue known affectionately as Thunder Mountain at Bandimere Speedway where the brand’s signature event, the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals, takes place.
The game features also include:
- PRE-STAGE BURNOUTS: Before each pass drivers are allowed to perform a burnout which cleans and heats their Mopar’s tires for improved traction. Players should watch the temp bar on the left because too much throttle will overheat the tires and reduce grip.
- MOPAR POWER: Players can get behind the wheel of Allen Johnson’s or Jeg Coughlin Jr.’s Pro Stock Mopar Dodge Avenger and can also grab the throttle in Matt Hagan’s Funny Car Dodge Charger R/T by filling out some basic information to upgrade their vehicle.
- Realistic 3D graphics, car physics and performance.
- Multiple cameras including in-car driver perspective
- DRAG and then BRAG: Once a player takes the competition by storm, they can share their results on Twitter and Facebook and encourage friends to take the challenge
Race fans taking part in this week’s upcoming Mopar Block Party in Golden, Colo., on July 18, from 6-10 p.m. and at the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals, July 19 – 21, at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Colo., will get a chance to play the game in person with special gaming race seats and steering wheels provided at the Mopar display area. Amongst the players who set the quickest results in the game at either of these participating events, a winner will be chosen and given the opportunity to actually race down the Bandimere Speedway track against a Mopar legend prior to Sunday’s NHRA elimination rounds.
The “Mopar Drag N Brag” game is compatible with Apple iOS mobile devices and available as a free downloadable application via Mopar.com/DragNBrag and in iTunes App Store.
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes 280,000 parts and accessories. With the creation of the industrial alliance between Chrysler Group and Fiat S.p.A., Mopar is extending its global reach, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar’s global portfolio includes more than 500,000 parts and accessories that are distributed in more than 130 markets. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as Fiat brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and Fiat vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
More than 75 Years of Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked for antifreeze product in 1937. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s – the muscle-car era. The former Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use. The brand has expanded to include technical service and customer support.